This casserole (made with spinach, rice, and cheese) is a satisfying main dish for a vegetarian meal or a delicious side to any meal.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 3 cups cooked long-grain rice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- ⅓ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- ½ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a medium baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In medium skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until tender. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in spinach and cook, stirring often, for 2 more minutes, or until liquid evaporates.
- Combine with remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Pour into prepared baking dish. Bake for 45–55 minutes until casserole is hot and bubbling.