Green Smoothie Cubes
Keep these cubes on hand to instantly up the nutrition, flavor and texture of your next smoothie!
Serves: 8Prep: 3 hours 20 minutesCook: 5 minutesTotal: 3 hours 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed, roughly chopped
- 2 large avocados, pitted and removed from skin
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 piece (2") ginger root, peeled
- Rinse kale but don’t dry it. Place in a large pan over medium heat; cook, stirring frequently until it reduces in volume but is still bright green.
- Spread kale in a single layer on a parchment-lined sheet pan and place in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- In a blender or food processor combine cooled kale, avocado, lemon juice and ginger. Blend until almost smooth.
- Transfer mixture to ice cube trays. Freeze 2-3 hours or until solid. Remove from tray and transfer to a freezer bag for storage. Store frozen.