This version of the traditional Mediterranean salad is made with green bell pepper instead of tomato.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1½ cups bulgur
- 3 cups boiling water
- 5 Tbsp. lemon juice, divided
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. mustard seeds
- 1 tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh mint
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and diced
- ½ cup chopped scallions
- Place bulgur in a medium bowl and cover with boiling water; add 2 tablespoons lemon juice. Cover and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine the remaining 3 tablespoons lemon juice, olive oil, mustard seeds, salt, and black pepper and mix well.
- Drain bulgur, if necessary. Toss in parsley and mint. Add bell pepper, cucumber, and green scallions. Drizzle dressing over salad and toss. Serve immediately or cover and chill for a few hours before serving.