Green Tea Tofu Flan
Japanese matcha green tea powder gives this dairy-free dessert its green color and pleasantly bitter taste.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Medium
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain soy milk
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. matcha green tea powder
- 7 oz. firm tofu, patted dry
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Boiling water
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Bring soy milk just to bubbling around the edges in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Don't allow it to boil. Remove from heat. Add matcha powder and mix well, ensuring that there are no clumps.
- Place tofu in blender. Puree until smooth. Add eggs and sugar to blender. Process until smooth.
- Add the tea-infused soy milk and vanilla to blender mixture. Process until well combined. Pour mixture into six custard cups (8 ounces). Place cups in 1 inch boiling water on a baking pan. Bake until just set, about 45 minutes.
- Cool flan to room temperature. Chill. Invert on small plates to serve.