Green Tea–Infused, Quinoa-Stuffed Delicata Squash
The flavor combination of the light and refreshing green tea with nutty quinoa is out of this world. When roasted root vegetables are thrown into the mix, the result is a hearty autumn meal.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 delicata squash
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 2 green tea bags
- 1 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 1 large parsnip, chopped
- 3 Brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Wash delicata, and prick it all over with the tines of a fork. Bake for 40 minutes, or until fork-tender. Reserve.
- While squash is cooking, wash quinoa in a fine-mesh strainer. Place the quinoa and water in a medium saucepan. Season with ½ teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat, and add green tea bags. Simmer for 2 minutes and remove tea bags. Reduce heat to medium-low, and cover the pan. Cook for 15 minutes. Turn the heat off, and let steam for 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Reserve.
- Place parsnip and Brussels sprout in a small baking pan. Drizzle with olive oil. Season with pepper and remaining ½ teaspoon salt. Bake for 20 minutes, or until soft and lightly caramelized.
- Halve delicata squash, and remove seeds. Stir the roasted parsnips and Brussels sprouts into the quinoa. Divide between squash halves. Serve immediately.