Green Wraps (Miang Kam)
This dish offers a great balance of flavor and texture. Just a small bite of this appetizer has everything: sweetness, spiciness, saltiness, sourness, and bitterness. When serving at a party, have the guests place each of the ingredients on top of the leaf, drizzle with a spoonful of sauce, wrap to close, and enjoy!
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. red chili flakes
- 1 tsp. granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- 4 leaves green lettuce
- ½ cup unsalted roasted peanuts
- ¼ cup small dried shrimp
- ½ cup roasted unsweetened shredded coconut
- ⅓ cup diced ginger (about ¼" sized piece)
- ⅓ cup diced shallots
- 1 lime, cut into small cubes
- 1 green chili, seeded and chopped fine
- Make the sauce by combining all sauce ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer over low heat until thick, about 5–7 minutes.
- Arrange all the wrap ingredients on a platter separately and serve with the sauce.