Greens Soup with Oregano and Lemon
This soup is bright and lively, and is filled with flavors of lemon and oregano.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and diced
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 bunch kale, stripped from the stalk and chopped
- 6 cups packed baby spinach
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh oregano
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onion, and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes or until softened. Add the broth and bring to a simmer.
- Add the kale and spinach. Cover and reduce heat to medium low. Simmer for 15 minutes. Using an immersion blender, process the soup until it’s smooth.
- Stir in the lemon zest and oregano, and simmer for 5 minutes.