Grilled Asparagus with Garlic Sauce
When asparagus is roasted, it becomes tender and sweet. You can omit the dressing and serve the asparagus just with the drained, simmered garlic, if you prefer.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 lbs. fresh asparagus
- 5 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tsp. seasoned salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground white pepper
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 6 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- Prepare and preheat grill. Rinse asparagus and snap off tough ends; discard ends. Place asparagus on cookie sheet.
- In small saucepan, combine 1 tablespoon olive oil and whole cloves of garlic. Place over medium-low heat; cook until garlic begins to turn brown. Remove garlic from oil and place in food processor; reserve oil.
- Drizzle asparagus with the reserved oil and sprinkle with seasoned salt and pepper; set aside.
- Add remaining 4 tablespoons oil, vinegar, apple juice, and mustard to food processor; process until smooth.
- Grill asparagus 6 inches from medium coals for 4 minutes, turning once, until tender and lightly browned. Place on serving plate and drizzle with mustard dressing. Serve immediately.