Grilled Asparagus with Parmesan
This simple dish of grilled asparagus seasoned with salt, pepper, olive oil, and Parmesan cheese is great with grilled meat, poultry, or fish. It’s also great as a pizza topping or filling for a frittata or quiche.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 lbs. asparagus, ends trimmed
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Prepare a hot fire in a grill.
- Lay the asparagus spears in a deep glass casserole dish and drizzle with olive oil to lightly coat. Sprinkle with salt.
- Place the asparagus spears perpendicular to the grill grates so that they do not fall through the grates. Grill for about 5 minutes, turning a little each minute to cook evenly, until crisp-tender and slightly charred.
- Transfer to a serving dish, sprinkle with black pepper and Parmesan cheese.
- Serve at room temperature.