Grilled Bok Choy Noodle Bowl
Serve this lip-smacking noodle bowl as is for a vegan meal. Or you can top the bowl with grilled chicken or shrimp for a heartier meal.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 package (8 oz.) rice noodles
- 2 Tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp. chili-garlic sauce
- 2 tsp. toasted sesame oil, divided
- 1 tsp. canola oil
- 4 small baby bok choy, halved
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. minced ginger
- 1 package (6 oz.) shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup halved snow peas
- Cook the noodles according to the package directions. Drain and keep warm.
- While the noodles are cooking, combine the hoisin, chili-garlic sauce and 1 teaspoon sesame oil in a small bowl. Stir together and toss with the bok choy.
- Heat a grill to medium-hot. Brush the surface with the canola oil. Grill the bok choy for about 2 minutes on each side. Remove the bok choy from the grill and keep warm.
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and add the remaining sesame oil. When it starts to shimmer, add the garlic and ginger. Stir for about a minute, until fragrant, and add the mushrooms. Cook until the mushrooms release their liquid. Stir in the soy sauce, vinegar, and broth.
- Bring to a boil and add the carrots and snow peas. Reduce heat to low and cook until the snow peas are bright green, about two minutes. Divide the noodles and soup between 4 bowls. Top with the grilled bok choy and serve.