Grilled Brats with Mango Relish
Take a break from burgers and dogs! Grilled bratwurst– topped with a spicy-sweet mango relish – is the creative barbecue main dish you’ve been looking for.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 mangoes, seeded and halved
- 1 red onion, cut in ½-inch slices
- 2 Simple Truth Organic™ Unfiltered Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 4 bratwurst
- 4 hoagie rolls, split
- 1 head Simple Truth Organic™ Romaine Lettuce
- Simple Truth Organic™ Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- 1⁄2 teaspoon jerk seasoning
- Coarse salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat grill to medium heat. In small bowl, brush mango and onion with one tablespoon of oil.
- Arrange mango halves, onion and brats directly on grill grates. Grill for 10 minutes, or until mango and brats are browned and cooked through and onion is crisp-tender, turning once half way through cooking. Lightly toast hoagie rolls for 1 to 2 minutes on grill. Set aside mango, onion, brats and rolls.
- Lightly spray lettuce with cooking spray. Grill for 1 to 2 minutes directly on grates, until leaves are lightly browned and wilted, turning once. Set aside.
- To make relish, score mango halves in a grid pattern (do not cut through skin). Push mango from skin, turning slices inside out and removing fruit with knife. In medium bowl, combine mango and onion with remaining oil, jerk seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Serve brats in buns topped with relish and romaine. If desired, drizzle vinegar and oil over lettuce.