Parboiling bratwurst in beer or seasoned water before grilling adds flavor and ensures that brats remain plump and juicy after grilling.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 cans (12 oz.) beer
- 24 bratwursts
- 6 whole cloves
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- Pour ¼ cup beer in a small spray bottle and set aside. Place bratwurst, remaining beer, cloves, and onion in a large pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Heat charcoal or gas grill to medium-hot (coals should be white, not flaming).
- Place bratwurst on grill and cook for 10 minutes, turning often. Spray with beer a few times while cooking to make brat skins crispy.
- Remove from heat and serve with brown mustard.