Grilled Brown-Sugar-Glazed Salmon Skewers
Brown sugar and ginger add fabulous flavor to these little cubes of salmon.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 3 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 salmon steaks (1 lb. each), skin removed and cut into 1 1⁄2-inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. grated ginger
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 large bunch frisée
- 1 medium lemon, quartered and sliced
- Thread salmon pieces onto skewers and place in glass baking dish.
- In small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until tender and onions begin to brown, about 7 minutes. Remove from heat and add brown sugar, mustard, ginger, salt, and pepper and mix well. Pour mixture over salmon, turning to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- When ready to serve, prepare and preheat grill, or broiler. Cook salmon kebabs 6 inches from heat source (over medium coals, or under high broiler) for 5 minutes, turning until all sides are well-browned.
- Serve skewers with frisée leaves and lemon slices.