Grilled California Eye-Round
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 8 hours 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. cracked peppercorns
- 2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1⁄4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 3 lbs. eye-round roast
- Mix together pepper, garlic salt, mustard, and cayenne. Rub onto surface of the roast. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Soak oak, mesquite, or hickory chips in water for at least 30 minutes and then add to coals.
- Meanwhile, heat grill. Sear directly over medium heat, turning once, to seal in juices (about 5 minutes total). Then grill indirectly over medium heat (moving to cooler side of grill), turning once, until the internal temperature is about 140°F (approximately 30 to 35 minutes). Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Slice diagonally against the grain.
- Serve warm or at room temperature as an entrée or in a sandwich.