Grilled Cheesy Stuffed Zucchini Boats
This recipe is just as tasty with fresh summer squash. For a change, add a little diced cooked bacon to the stuffing.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 medium zucchini squashes, halved lengthwise
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and mashed
- 8 Tbsp. breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp. minced parsley
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Using a melon baller, scoop out the centers of the zucchini, reserving the pulp.
- Set the gas grill on medium or make a bed of hot coals.
- Heat the olive oil and sauté the onion and reserved squash pulp until soft. Take off the grill and stir in the garlic, breadcrumbs, and parsley, then add the paprika, salt, and pepper, and 1⁄2 cup of cheese. Place the “boats” on pieces of heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Roast on the grill for 20 minutes or until the zucchini is soft and the cheese is melted and beginning to brown. Serve hot.