Grilled Cherry Tomato Bruschetta
When cherry tomatoes are grilled, their flavor is intensified. Each little tomato will burst with flavor in your mouth.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 Tbsp. red-wine vinegar
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground white pepper
- 6 slices whole-grain Ciabatta bread
- 2 Tbsp. shaved Parmesan cheese
- Tear off an 18" × 12" sheet of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Poke cherry tomatoes with the tip of a knife (to prevent splitting) and arrange on foil. In small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper and mix well. Spoon over tomatoes.
- Bring together foil edges and fold over several times, sealing the package. Leave some room for expansion during cooking.
- Prepare and preheat grill. Grill the foil packet over medium coals for 4–6 minutes or until tomatoes are hot. Remove from grill.
- Brush bread slices with remaining olive oil and grill on both sides until toasted, about 1 minute a side. Remove from grill, open the tomato package. Spoon tomatoes on top of bread, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.