Grilled Chicken and Pineapple Sandwiches
Skip the skewers and serve this classic kebab combo sandwich-style instead!
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 fresh pineapple
- 1 tablespoon Simple Truth Organic™ Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Coarse salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 Simple Truth™ Natural Boneless & Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup fresh Simple Truth Organic™ Basil, leaves separated
- 4 Kaiser rolls, split
- Cut skin from pineapple and slice into 1” rounds.
- Lightly rub chicken with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill chicken 5 minutes per side or until done.
- Grill pineapple directly on grate for 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Toast buns for 30 seconds.
- In small bowl, combine mayonnaise with lime juice. Spread lime-mayonnaise on bottom bun halves and top each with a chicken breast, 1 pineapple slice, basil leaves and top buns.