Grilled Chicken, Bacon, and Guacamole Panini
Make a simple guacamole by mashing avocado with olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper for this sandwich.
Serves: 1Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 medium avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 tsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp. lime juice
- 1⁄8 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 slices bacon
- 2 chicken cutlets (2 oz. each), pounded thin
- 2 slices flatbread (8 inches)
- 2 slices tomato
- 1 large leaf of lettuce
- For the guacamole: in a small bowl using a fork, mash the avocado. Add 1 teaspoon olive oil, lime juice, salt, and pepper and mix well.
- Preheat the panini press. Grill bacon in hot press until crisp. Transfer to a paper towels-lined plate. Wipe press with another paper towel to remove grease. Place chicken cutlets on panini press, close lid, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until fully cooked.
- Spread the guacamole over 1 slice of bread. Layer with the lettuce, cooked chicken, cooked bacon, and tomato slices. Top with the other slice of bread. Brush the top of the sandwich with 1⁄2 teaspoon of olive oil. Brush the remaining 1⁄2 teaspoon of olive oil onto the panini press. Place the sandwich on the press oiled-side up. Close lid, and cook for 2 to 4 minutes. Cut in half and serve warm.