Grilled Chicken Breast with Sticky Rice (Kai Yang)
In Thailand, this is a street food favorite. The vendors that sell this dish are often found right next to a vendor selling green papaya salad. Try making this with bone-in chicken pieces as well.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 6 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 Tbsp. minced ginger
- 2 Tbsp. minced lemongrass
- 1 Tbsp. black peppercorn
- 2 Tbsp. minced cilantro roots or stems
- 2 Tbsp. light soy sauce
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. curry powder
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- Cut chicken in large cubes.
- Pound together ginger, lemongrass, black peppercorn, and cilantro roots or stems using a mortar and pestle. Add soy sauce, sugar, and curry powder to the paste and rub the chicken pieces with it. Marinate for 6 hours in the refrigerator.
- Grill chicken over hot flame until done, about 5–7 minutes on each side. Serve with rice.