Grilled Chicken Cobb Salad
For this version of a classic, you make a creamy, homemade avocado dressing and drizzle it over a protein-and-vegetable-packed salad for a satisfying one-dish meal.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 medium avocados, pitted and peeled, divided
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 medium romaine hearts, chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 4 boneless, skinless grilled chicken breasts (5 oz. each), cut into strips
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and cut into quarters
- 1⁄4 cup chopped dill
- 2 Tbsp. sunflower seeds
- 1 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- With a blender or food processor, chop the clove of garlic. Add the flesh of 2 avocados, mayonnaise, lime juice, olive oil, cilantro, salt, and pepper and process until smooth. Pour into a serving dish or storage container and press plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the dressing and chill until ready to serve.
- In a large bowl, toss lettuce and spinach together. Add tomatoes, chicken, and bacon. Toss. Add the eggs, the flesh of 2 avocados cut into chunks, dill, sunflower seeds, and sesame seeds and very gently toss. Serve creamy avocado dressing on the side.