Grilled Chicken Salad
Make a simple dressing with olive oil, red wine vinegar, soy sauce, and spices to use as both a basting sauce and salad dressing. Be sure to separate the basting sauce from the salad dressing to prevent cross-contamination.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. minced onion
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 head lettuce
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 12 whole pitted olives, chopped
- Preheat the grill.
- Make the dressing: In a large salad bowl, whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, soy sauce, mustard, salt, pepper, and minced onion.Transfer 1⁄4 cup to a small bowl and use as the basting sauce.
- Place the chicken breasts on the grill and brush with some of the basting sauce. Grill the chicken until it is cooked through, turning every 5 minutes and occasionally brushing with the basting sauce (total cooking time will be about 10 to 15 minutes). Transfer chicken to a cutting board, tent with aluminum foil and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber slices, crumbled feta cheese, and olives to the large salad bowl.
- Slice each chicken breast into four pieces and serve with salad. chicken, tearing it into small strips with your hands or two forks. Toss chicken into the salad.