Grilled Cocktail Eggplant Slices
The eggplants can be served as a side, dressed with tomato sauce, or included in a big hero sandwich.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ⅔ cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. salt, divided
- 1 large eggplant, cut crosswise into ½" slices
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. whole milk
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh dill
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper
- Heat a grill to medium-high.
- Mix together the oil, garlic, lemon juice, ¼ teaspoon salt, and black pepper. Paint the oil mixture on both sides of the eggplant slices. Grill for about 4 minutes per side, or until nicely brown.
- Combine sour cream, milk, dill, remaining salt, and crushed red pepper. Drizzle over eggplant before serving.