Grilled Corn and Roasted Jalapeño Salsa
Think outside the jar with this sweet, spicy and slightly crunchy salsa – made with all your favorite flavors of summer. If you’re not feeling the spice, substitute one roasted red pepper for the jalapeños. Want to feel more fire? Keep the jalapeño seeds in for added heat.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 35 minutesTotal: 45 minutes
- 2 ears fresh sweet corn, shucked
- 2 jalapeño peppers
- 1⁄2 medium purple onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Grill the jalapeños over direct heat, turning every 60-90 seconds until the skin is charred. Set them aside to cool.
- Grill each ear of corn for 10-15 minutes, or until the kernels are tender, turning frequently. Set aside to cool.
- Remove the skin from the jalapeños, using the blunt edge of a paring knife to scrape away the charred skin. Slice each jalapeño in half and remove the seeds, then dice the flesh.
- Remove the corn kernels from the ear using a paring knife or corn peeler.
- Combine the corn kernels, jalapeños, cilantro and diced purple onion in a mixing bowl, then stir in the olive oil and lime juice. Serve immediately, or store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.