Grilled Corn with Red Peppers
This colorful side dish is perfect for a summer cookout. Serve it with grilled fish or chicken.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 medium ears fresh corn
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large red onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh oregano, chopped
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- Prepare and preheat grill. Remove husk and silk from corn. Grill corn about 6" from medium coals for 3–5 minutes, turning frequently, until corn is light brown. Cool for 10 minutes, then cut kernels from the cobs.
- Place a heavy-duty medium saucepan on the grill. Add olive oil and heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until tender, about 5 minutes. Add bell pepper and corn; cook and stir for 2 minutes longer. Toss with salt, black pepper, oregano, and cumin and serve.