Grilled Corn with Red Peppers
This colorful side dish is perfect for a summer cookout. Serve it with grilled fish or chicken.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 medium ears fresh corn
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large red onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh oregano, chopped
- 1⁄8 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cumin
- Prepare and preheat grill. Remove husk and silk from corn. Grill corn about 6 inches from medium coals for 3 to 5 minutes, turning frequently, until corn is light brown. Cool for 10 minutes, then cut kernels from the cobs.
- Place a heavy-duty medium saucepan on the grill. Add olive oil and heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until tender, about 5 minutes. Add bell pepper and corn; cook and stir for 2 minutes longer. Toss with salt, black pepper, oregano, and cumin and serve.