Grilled Eggplant and Zucchini Tacos
If you’re into healthy eating, these grilled eggplant zucchini tacos topped with pico de gallo are perfect for you.
Serves: 6Prep: 15 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- Cooking spray
- 2 plum (Roma) tomatoes, chopped
- 1 serrano chili, stemmed, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup white onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and sliced crosswise
- 2 zucchinis, sliced crosswise
- White Corn Tortillas
- Heat grill to 250°F. Use cooking spray on the grill.
- In medium bowl mix tomatoes, chili, onion, cilantro, 2 tablespoons lime juice, salt and avocados. Set aside.
- In bowl, make garlic-lime sauce by mixing the remaining 2 tablespoons of the lime, garlic cloves and water. Set aside.
- Place zucchini and eggplant slices on grill, uncovered and turning once, for 6-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Brush zucchini and eggplant slices with garlic-lime sauce.
- Place tortillas on grill, uncovered, for 1-2 minutes, turning once.
- To assemble tacos, place vegetables on each tortilla. Serve with avocado pico de gallo on the side.