Grilled Eggplant and Pepper Salad
Grill the eggplant and peppers the day before a party, then, at the last minute, put the vegetables together, add the cheese, and dress the salad.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. gluten-free Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and sliced into ½" rounds
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and cut in half
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, cored, seeded, and cut in half
- 12 cups mixed baby greens
- 4 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Mix together the vinegar, oil, mustard, and salt and pepper in a cruet. Shake well.
- Brush eggplant slices with 4 tablespoons of the dressing and grill for 3 minutes on each side. Let cool. Grill the peppers skin-side down until charred. Place in a paper bag. Let cool, then peel off the skin. Cut into pieces.
- Just before serving, toss the greens with the eggplant, peppers, and mozzarella. Whisk the remaining dressing and pour over the salad.