Grilled Fajita-Stuffed Flank Steak Rolls
These steak rolls wrap up all the flavor of fajitas without the need for a tortilla, keeping them low in carbs.
Serves: 8Prep: 25 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 10 6-inch skewers, soaked in water for 20 minutes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 package (1.27 oz.) Fajita Seasoning Mix
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 pound flank steak
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add onions and peppers. Cook 5-7 minutes or until onions and peppers are softened and a bit browned. Cool.
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- Cut flank steak in half horizontally making two thin pieces. Place each piece between two layers of plastic wrap and pound gently to a uniform thickness. Season both sides of each piece of meat with fajita seasoning mix.
- Evenly divide cheese and pepper mixture between the pieces of meat. Spread into an even layer. Roll up cinnamon roll style and place a skewer through the roll every 1½”-2”, making sure to secure the edge. Cut between skewers so each pinwheel has a skewer holding it together.
- Oil the grill grates. Grill pinwheels 6-8 minutes, flipping once, until internal temperature reaches 145°F for medium or desired doneness. Allow to rest 5 minutes before serving. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Tip: The cheese in the roll-up can make them messy to grill. You can use a piece of oiled or nonstick foil to line the grill grates for easier clean up.