Grilled Flank Steak in Tangy Marinade
Add mushrooms to the marinade and grill with the steak for a delicious meal.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 4 hours 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and mashed
- 12 black peppercorns, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp. prepared mustard
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. hot pepper sauce
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 strip (1 inch) fresh orange peel
- 1⁄2-inch piece ginger root, peeled and minced
- 2 lbs. flank steak
- Mix wine, garlic, peppercorns, oil, mustard, salt, pepper sauce, soy sauce, orange peel, and ginger in a small bowl. Place steak in a large shallow dish and pour marinade over it. Turn steak to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Heat grill to very hot. Remove steak and orange peel from marinade. Discard peel and reserve marinade in a small saucepan.
- Sear the steak about 3 minutes per side. Remove to a platter and keep warm for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, bring the reserved marinade to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes.
- Slice steak thinly across the grain and serve with the sauce.