Grilled Flank Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
If you can’t find flank steak, ask for
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1½ lbs. flank steak, trimmed of excess fat
- 1⅛ tsp. salt, divided
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper, divided
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 2 cups packed parsley leaves
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and quartered
- 1 scallion, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp. ground paprika
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Place a grill pan over high heat. Season the steak with ⅛ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper on both sides. Brush vegetable oil across the surface of the pan once it is heated.
- Place the steak in the pan and cook for 4 minutes. Turn it and cook for 4 minutes for medium-rare, 5 minutes for medium, and 6 minutes for medium-well. Place the steak on a cutting board, tent with foil, and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Place the parsley in a food processor or blender and pulse several times. Scrape down the sides and add the garlic, scallion, and vinegars. Pulse a few times. Add in 1 teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, paprika, and crushed red pepper and pulse until smooth. While the food processor runs, slowly add the olive oil to create an emulsion.
- Cut the steak diagonally against the grain into ½" thick slices. Serve with the sauce.