Grilled Fruit Skewers with Caramel Sauce
These delicious mini skewers are great for a light dessert after a big meal. Omit the caramel sauce and they would also be a delicious appetizer or side dish.
Serves: 6Prep: 15 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 12 (6”) wooden skewers
- 1/4 fresh pineapple, peeled and cut in 12 (1½”) cubes
- 1 mango, peeled and cut in 12 (1½”) cubes
- 12 strawberries, hulled
- 2 large bananas, each cut in 6 pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/3 cup caramel sauce, warmed
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes. Heat gas or charcoal grill to medium heat. Thread fruit on skewers.
- In small bowl, whisk oil, honey and ginger with wire whisk until mixed, brush generously over fruit, being sure to coat bananas well. Grill 6 minutes or until thoroughly heated, turning once or twice.
- Remove from grill. Drizzle with caramel.
- Refrigerate leftovers.