Grilled Ginger Melon Skewers
Grilling melon brings out even more of the natural sweetness in the fruit. Serve by itself or over vanilla frozen yogurt for a creamy treat.
Serves: 8Prep: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for at least 20 minutes
- 1⁄2 honeydew melon, cut into 1” cubes
- 1⁄2 cantaloupe, cut into 1” cubes
- 1 tablespoon Kroger® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- Divide honeydew and cantaloupe between soaked skewers, alternating colors. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Oil grill grates. Grill skewers 6-8 minutes, flipping once, until nicely marked and slightly softened.
- Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle with crystalized ginger.
- Refrigerate leftovers.