Grilled Gluten-Free Pesto Pizza
This pizza has an easy homemade gluten-free crust and is cooked over a hot grill to crispy, satisfying perfection.
Serves: 4Prep: 1 hour 20 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3⁄4 cup warm water (110°F)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 packet (¼ oz.) active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 1⁄2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup basil pesto
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, sliced
- box fresh basil
- In bowl of stand mixer with hook attachment, stir together water and sugar. Sprinkle yeast over water; let sit 10 minutes. Add olive oil, salt and egg. Slowly incorporate flour.
- Spray large mixing bowl with nonstick cooking spray. Place dough in bowl; cover with kitchen towel. Allow to rise 1 to 2 hours. Over parchment paper, form dough into 10”-12” circle.
- Heat grill to high heat; place pizza stone in center of grill. Once hot, place dough (with parchment paper) on stone. Bake 5 minutes.
- Spread pesto, mozzarella and tomatoes over crust. Continue baking 5 to 8 minutes, until cheese is melted. Top with fresh basil.
- Refrigerate leftovers.