Grilled Greek Pitas
Grilling goes way beyond burgers and dogs when you toss seasoned turkey strips and a few veggies on the ‘que.
Serves: 4Prep: 20 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2⁄3 cup Kroger® Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup cucumber, diced
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion, plus ½ red onion, sliced into rings
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill leaves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 pound turkey breast cutlets, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon Greek seasoning
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 4 whole wheat pita pocket breads, cut in half
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup pepperoncini pepper, thinly sliced
- 8 pitted Kalamata olives, sliced
- To make sauce, in a bowl, stir together yogurt, cucumber, diced onion, dill and lemon juice.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Coat grill basket with cooking spray.
- Coat turkey with Greek seasoning. Place in prepared grill basket. Grill, tossing turkey occasionally, 4 minutes until almost cooked through. Add tomatoes and onion; toss gently to mix. Cover grill; grill 2 minutes longer until vegetables are heated through. Add pita bread to grill; grill 1 minute until heated through.
- Remove pita bread to serving plates. Fill each half evenly with turkey and vegetables, cheese, pepperoncini and olives. Serve with sauce.
- Refrigerate leftovers.