Who doesn’t love guacamole with chips, tacos, burritos…everything? This version gets a bit of smokiness from grilling all the ingredients first.
Serves: 12Prep: 5 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 3 ripe avocados, split in half and pit removed
- 1 Roma tomato, cut in half
- 1 thick slice red onion
- 1 jalapeño
- 1 lime, cut in half
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Heat gas grill to medium or charcoal until ashes are white.
- Brush oil on cut sides of avocados, tomato, onion and limes. Place on grill and cook 3-5 minutes until well-marked, flipping the onion, tomatoes and jalapeño to grill both sides.
- Scoop avocado flesh into a bowl. Chop onion, seed and chopped tomato, seed, stem and chop jalapeno; add to avocado. Squeeze about 1 tablespoon of lime juice and mix. Stir in cilantro, salt and garlic. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Refrigerate leftovers.