Grilled Herbed Sirloin with Asparagus
You can “grill” this meal indoors. Grill the steaks on high for 3 to 5 minutes; remove to a serving platter and keep warm. Lower the grill temperature to medium and grill the asparagus until crisp-tender, about 2 to 4 minutes.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. dried basil
- 2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1 tsp. dried mint leaves
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 4 sirloin steaks (4 oz. each), cut 1" thick
- 1 lb. asparagus spears, cleaned and trimmed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- In a small bowl, mix together the garlic, basil, thyme, rosemary, mint, and oil. Coat both sides of the steaks with half of the mixture.
- Evenly coat the asparagus with the remaining garlic-herb mixture. Divide the mixture among four pieces of aluminum foil and fold the foil over to make a packet.
- Bring the grill to temperature. Add the asparagus packets to the back of the grill. Grill the steaks over direct medium heat for 5 minutes. Turn the steaks and asparagus packet. Grill until the steaks reach the desired doneness: another 2 minutes for medium-rare or 3 to 4 minutes for medium. Serve with tomatoes.