Grilled Honey Garlic Chicken Drumsticks
Your family won’t mind getting their hands dirty while devouring these tasty chicken drumsticks. Ready in about 35 minutes, this recipe is a great option for busy nights. Pair with steamed broccoli and brown rice for a well-rounded meal!
Serves: 8Prep: 10 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 1⁄2 pounds chicken drumsticks
- In small saucepan over medium heat, sauté onion in olive oil until tender. Add in soy sauce, honey and garlic.
- In small bowl, stir together chicken broth and cornstarch. Pour mixture into saucepan and stir until incorporated. Heat until thickened.
- Heat grill to medium-low heat, around 350°F. Keeping lid closed as much as possible, cook drumsticks over direct heat 10 minutes, flip and continue cooking 10 more minutes, until internal temperature reaches at least 165°F.
- Brush soy sauce mixture over drumsticks and continue to cook 1-2 minutes.