Grilled Hot Honey Chicken
Tender chicken is coated in a simple glaze and grilled to smoky, sweet and spicy perfection for the ultimate cookout meal. The best part about this recipe is that there’s no marinating involved – just brush on the sauce, grill and enjoy!
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 pounds Simple Truth™ Chicken Thighs
- 1 lime, sliced into wedges, for garnish
- Fresh cilantro, minced, for garnish
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, melt butter. Add red pepper flakes; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in honey; simmer on low until mixture tastes spicy.
- Strain into a small bowl, discarding red pepper flakes. Return hot honey to saucepan; mix in garlic and paprika. Simmer gently 2-3 minutes. Turn off heat; stir in apple cider vinegar.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Brush chicken with honey glaze. Grill until fully cooked, about 8-10 minutes, flipping half way. Continue to brush chicken with glaze while cooking.
- To serve, garnish with cilantro and lime wedges.