Grilled Italian Hot Sausage and Pepper Skewers
These skewers are easy to serve over a bed of rice with fresh herbs. But you can also serve this as a sandwich, on a hero roll, or add it to your favorite tomato sauce and put it over pasta or white beans.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 lbs. hot Italian sausage
- 4 large green Italian frying peppers (thin-skinned)
- 2 medium red onions, peeled
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Parboil the sausages for 10 minutes, then drain them on paper towels and cut into 2-inch chunks.
- Rinse the peppers and dry on paper towels. Remove the cores and seeds from the peppers. Cut the peppers into large pieces.
- Cut the onions into chunks.
- Thread the sausage, peppers, and onions onto skewers.
- Preheat the grill to medium or wait until the coals are ash covered.
- Brush the onions and peppers with oil. Grill until the sausages are brown and the vegetables soft.