Grilled Jumbo Shrimp
Jumbo shrimp are plump, juicy, and perfect for grilling. Serve the grilled shrimp with rice pilaf or couscous.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 tsp. sweet paprika
- 12 large jumbo shrimp, shells on
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. chopped serrano pepper
- 1 tsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill to medium-high. Brush grill surface to make sure it is thoroughly clean.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together olive oil, salt, black pepper, and paprika. Add shrimp and marinate 10 minutes.
- In a small pot over medium heat, cook butter, lemon juice, garlic, serrano pepper, and ginger until butter melts. Add parsley. Keep sauce warm.
- When grill is ready, dip a clean tea towel in the vegetable oil and wipe grill surface with oil. Place shrimp on grill and grill 2 minutes per side or until they turn pink.
- Drizzle shrimp with butter sauce and serve remaining sauce on the side.