Grilled Korean Ribeye Steaks with Veggie Slaw
Spicy grilled ribeye steaks are perfectly complemented by a light and refreshing veggie slaw in this Korean-inspired dinner.
Serves: 4Prep: 50 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 4 tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 4 tsp. gochujang chili sauce or chili paste
- 2 tbsp. ginger, grated or finely minced
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 boneless ribeye steaks, patted dry
- 4 cups green and/or red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1⁄2 English cucumber, julienned
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mint, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp. seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp. canola oil
- 1 tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- In shallow food storage container or gallon-sized zip top bag, combine soy sauce, gochujang, ginger, honey, garlic and sesame oil. Transfer 2 tablespoons to a small bowl and reserve.
- To remaining marinade, add steaks, flipping to coat with sauce. Let stand 30 minutes or refrigerate for up to 6 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, toss together cabbage, cucumbers, carrots, green onion, mint and cilantro.
- To reserved marinade, whisk in rice wine vinegar and canola oil. Pour dressing over vegetables; toss to combine.
- Grill steaks 8-10 minutes, turning once, or until internal temperatures reaches 145° F for medium, or desired doneness. Let rest 5 minutes; slice.
- Serve slice steak over cabbage mixture. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Refrigerate leftovers.