Grilled Lamb Bites
Buy leg of lamb as a roast. Then ask your butcher—or the manager of the meat department of your favorite supermarket—to bone, trim, and cube the meat for you.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 8 hours 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 lbs. boned leg of lamb, cut into 1” cubes
- 1 cup olive oil
- ½ cup lemon juice or red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled minced
- 1 medium onion, peeled and coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup dried rosemary leaves
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 1½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- Place lamb cubes in a large resealable plastic bag.
- Combine olive oil, lemon juice or wine, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, onion, rosemary, and oregano. Mix well and pour into bag over lamb cubes. Seal well. Place on a platter and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight, turning bag occasionally.
- Remove from refrigerator, drain off marinade, and push lamb cubes onto skewers. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook on a grill over medium-high heat for 15 minutes, turning frequently. Push lamb from skewers onto a platter and serve.