Grilled Lamb Burgers à la Greque
Stuff these savory grilled lamb patties into pita rounds, or make tiny burgers for hors d’oeuvres paired with the tangy tzatziki sauce for dipping.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup plain 2% Greek yogurt
- 1⁄2 medium cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh chopped mint
- 1 tsp. fresh chopped rosemary
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground coriander seeds
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs. lean ground lamb
- Mix the yogurt, cucumber, lime juice, and 1⁄4 tsp. pepper together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk the garlic, mint, rosemary, coriander, salt, and remaining pepper into the olive oil. Mix the infused oil with the lamb, tossing carefully. Form into 4 burgers.
- Prepare a grill and heat to medium heat. Place the burgers on the grill and cook for 4 minutes per side, or to desired level of doneness. Serve with yogurt sauce