Grilled Lamb Kebabs
These easy lamb kebabs are great served with a yogurt dipping sauce. To make one at home, mix chopped cucumbers with plain Greek yogurt and fresh dill, and season with salt and pepper.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 8 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 small onions, peeled and grated
- 1 cup olive oil, divided
- 1½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. minced fresh thyme
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 lbs. cubed lamb meat
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1" squares
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1" squares
- 1 tsp. salt
- In a glass or stainless steel bowl, combine grated onions, ¾ cup olive oil, 1 teaspoon black pepper, thyme, cinnamon, and cumin. Mix well. Add lamb cubes, and stir to coat evenly. Cover and marinate in refrigerator overnight.
- Remove lamb cubes from the marinade, reserving the marinade. Alternately thread lamb and peppers loosely onto metal skewers. Brush the lamb and peppers with ¼ cup olive oil and sprinkle with salt and ½ teaspoon black pepper.
- Grill lamb and pepper skewers about 10 minutes, turning once and basting with marinade.