Grilled Lemon Chicken Kebab
This is a fusion version of a classic chicken dish. It’s marvelous over rice or Asian noodles, or with sweet potatoes grilled right along with it.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 2 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 medium lemons
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped parsley
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. onion salt
- 1 1⁄2 lbs. skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 16 pieces
- 2 large yellow bell peppers, seeded and chopped in large pieces
- Zest and juice the first lemon into a large bowl. Cut the second lemon in large wedges.
- In a large bowl, combine cayenne pepper, parsley, rosemary, oil, salt, and onion salt. Add chicken and toss to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Heat grill to medium. Place chicken pieces on 8 presoaked wooden skewers, with slices of lemon and peppers interspersed between them.
- Grill for about 15 minutes, turning often, until the chicken is browned and the lemons are crispy.