Grilled Lime Shrimp Skewers
This zesty and spicy shrimp makes a wonderful appetizer for an outdoor party.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 8 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 small jalapeño peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. lime juice
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 lbs. large shrimp, peeled and deveined, with tails on
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 medium limes, thinly sliced
- Combine jalapeño, garlic, vinegar, lime juice, oil, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Whisk together. Add the shrimp and toss lightly, coating on all sides.
- Lay the shrimp flat in a large glass or ceramic pan. Pour the remaining sauce over the shrimp and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate 8 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat grill to medium. Place the shrimp, lime slices, and cilantro onto skewers, alternating between ingredients. Place on the grill. Turn frequently to cook thoroughly, about 5 minutes.