Along with tilapia and salmon, mahi-mahi is a sustainable seafood choice in most areas of the world. Avoid mahi-mahi from waters around Costa Rica, Peru, and Guatemala, where they are endangered by overfishing practices.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 2 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs. mahi-mahi fillets
- 1⁄2 Tbsp. Chinese five-spice
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lime juice, garlic, and pepper. Add the ingredients to a large plastic bag with the fish. Seal and shake to coat the fish.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Remove the fish from the bag and pat dry. Sprinkle with Chinese five-spice powder.
- Grill or cook in a grill pan over high heat until lightly browned on both sides and cooked throughout, about 3 minutes per side.