Grilled Marinated Asparagus
Fresh asparagus, like so many other veggies, is so delicious when grilled!
Serves: 4Prep: 3 hoursCook: 10 minutesTotal: 3 hours 10 minutes
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, washed and dried, tough ends discarded
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and flattened roughly
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place the asparagus in a gallon-size zip lock bag.
- In a glass jar with a tight fitting lid, place the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper and shake vigorously to combine. Pour the marinade over the asparagus, coating all surfaces.
- Marinate at room temperature for 1 hour. (If marinating for 1-3 hours, place the asparagus in the refrigerator.)
- Prepare grill for medium heat. Drain and grill the asparagus, turning once or twice with tongs, until they are crisp-tender, 4-8 minutes depending on the thickness of the spears.
- Serve hot, cold or at room temperature.
- Refrigerate leftovers.