Grilled Mexican-Style Lamb
Boneless lamb roast can be slightly tricky to find but the lean, flavorful meat is worth it.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lamb roast (3 lbs.), trimmed
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 medium onion, peeled and quartered
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 4 chipotle chilies in adobo sauce
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
- 2 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 1⁄2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Season lamb with salt and black pepper.
- Place the olive oil, vinegar, onion, garlic, chipotle chilis, jalapeño, oregano, parsley, and cayenne in a blender. Process to form a paste.
- Using disposable, plastic gloves, rub paste all over lamb and place in a marinating container or sealable, plastic bag. Refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Prepare grill. Place the lamb on the grill. Grill, turning to cook all sides, for 15 minutes, or until outside is lightly charred and the internal temperature reaches 145°F.
- Transfer to a carving board and tent with aluminum foil for 15 minutes before slicing.