Grilled New York Steak
Here's a simple way to bring out the flavor of steak. Rub with salt, pepper, and watch your thermometer.
- 2 new york steaks
- olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat grill to medium. Remove steaks from refrigerator 20 minutes before grilling.
- Lightly brush steaks with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, pressing into meat. Place steaks on the grill and close lid. Grill 3-5 minutes per side, until internal temperature reaches desired doneness.
- Doneness chart: Medium rare - 130°-135°; medium - 135°-140°; well done - 140°-150°.
- Serve with a pat of compound butter on top.