Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup bottled chili sauce
- ½ tsp. hot pepper sauce
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. cracked black pepper
- 4 dozen oysters in the shell, scrubbed
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- Fresh lemon wedges, for serving
- In a small saucepan, combine chili sauce, pepper sauce, Worcestershire, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Stir well and keep warm.
- Place oysters on grill and cook for about 5 minutes or until the oysters begin to open. Remove oysters from heat and pry them open with an oyster knife. Remove top half of shells, leaving the oysters on the half shell. Spoon some sauce over the oysters and sprinkle with basil. Serve with lemon wedges.